Today we are reviewing the second West Bend Bread Maker in our review series of the top 10 Best selling Bread Maker on Amazon. West Bend is an American Brand and has been around since 1911.
The West Bend 41410 2 Lb. Breadmaker has all functions a beginner bread maker needs. It comes with a recipe book and measurement equipment to get you immediately started. There is a wide variety (12) of pre programmed bread maker cycles which includes a quick bake cycle as well as a gluten-free option. The already experienced bread maker might be missing the ability to program a homemade cycle.
Important things to note:
- 12 pre-programmed settings, 3 crust color selectors, 3 loaf sizes up to 2.5 lbs.
- Dual-knead blades for thorough dough kneading and higher rise in less time
- Delayed start cycle up to 13 hours- prep in the morning, come home to fresh, warm bread
- Gluten-free setting
- Includes non-stock bread pan with dual knead blades, measuring cup and spoon, knead blade removal tool, bread recipe booklet with instruction manual
- It is a big machine and needs a lot of space on your counter
- Users do recommended this machine for beginner bread makers
The West Bend 2 Lb. Breadmaker 41400 has a 93% recommendation for the beginner bread maker. This is the exact same as its brother the West Bend 41300 Hi-Rise Electronic Dual-Blade Bread maker. The only difference between the two machines is that the 41300 has dual kneading blades while the 41400 only had 1 kneading blade. There is no specific preference for a single or dual blade, the manufacturers decision to use two kneading blades is usually related to the shape of the bread pan.
The advanced bread maker will find a 76% fit, this noticeably lower then for the beginner bread maker due to the missing ability to program your own bread maker cycle as well as the lack of ‘specials’ such as a sourdough starter or automatic dispenser for raisins or nuts.
Conclusion: a good bread machine for a fair price for a beginner bread maker, which is also spelled out in several reviews on Amazon.